Kayah State Hluttaw
Kayah State Hluttaw’s Organization Set-up
- the State Hluttaw representatives - 14
- the State Hluttaw representative of Bahma race - 1
- the State Hluttaw representatives of defence services personnel - 5
- Not more than 14 State Hluttaw representatives, two are elected from each township in Kayah State.
- One representative of the State Hluttaw from Bahma people, each is elected from each national race determined by the authorities concerned as having a population which constitutes 0.1 percent and above of the population of the Union, of the remaining national races other than those who are in Kayah State.
- Four representatives of the State Hluttaw, who are Defence Services personnal nominated by the Commander-in-Chief of Defence Services in accord with the law for an equal number of one-third of the total number of Hluttaw representatives elected under Sub-Section (a) and (b) or (a) and (c).
- Election of State Hluttaw’s Speaker and Deputy Speaker
- Checks and balances on the activities of executive and judicial bodies
- Holding Hluttaw Sessions
- Checks & Balances
- Supporting the socioeconomic development of all other groups in the states
- Enhancing performance and capacities of both members of parliament and parliamentary staff
- To promulgate the laws that are required for the prosperity and security of the people’s life
- To emerge an organization that totally represents the people
- To make checks and balances on the actives of executive and judicial bodies
- To monitor the expenditure of public budget
- To become a strong and reliable Hluttaw by its people