Issuance of work permit by Myanmar Port Authority
It must be applied after the constructions of accomplished and ongoing international wharves and those for coasting vessels, both which located inside and outside the port areas, have been completed.
Applicable to constructions of both accomplished and on-going international wharves and coasting vessels, which are located both inside and outside the port areas.
Terms of permit licence shall be 5 years.
Licence fee shall be US $ 20,000 for a wharf of international large-vessels and MMK 5,000,000 kyats for a wharf of coasting vessels.
(1) Evidence of company registration and its structure
(2) Recommendation of/from? respective departments for dock construction (copy) or its contract (copy)
(3) Drawing-design of dock construction, its term and photo of water-depth near the dock.
(4) For an International Wharf, Certificate for Statement of Compliance of Port Facility issued by Directorate of Water Transport .
(5) Port Security Facilities Plan amd Oil Spill Contingency Plan if it shall be wharf for loading/unloading of the oil.
(6) Conceptual Operation Plan on the basis of wharf length, width, set-up equipment, and type of operation.
(7) Detailed information of ability and number of loading equipments in order of their categories.
(8) Quantity of loading with an order of their categories ( general goods, container, other)
(9) System of port facility( B.O.T/ J.V/ own land) and its term
(10) Year of construction
(11) Date of starting port facility
(12) Recommendation of Civil Engineering Department, Myanmar Port Authority for starting/issuing permit or continuing permit of loading equipment.
(13) Recommendation of Civil Engineering Department, Myanmar Port Authority for starting/issuing permit or continuing permit related to electricity.
(14) Recommendation of Civil Engineering Department, Myanmar Port Authority concerning with construction of wharf and its related building.
Steps to apply
Step(1) - After the construction process, work-permit application shall be submitted to Myanmar Port Authority with the required documents as mentioned above, for the port facility.
Step(2) , Myanmar Port Authority shall conduct inspection to check whether the applications are conformed with regarded procedures.
Step(3) If in-accordance with the said procedures, , respective port shall pay port licence fee to the Accountant Section, Myanmar Port Authority, and then, the permit licence shall be issued to the applicants.
No(10), Pansodan Street, Kyauktada Township, Yangon.
Myanmar Port Authority, No(10), Pansodan Street, Kyauktada Township, Yangon.