Myanmar Computer Federation (MCF) was established in 1998 by the promulgation of “Computer Science Development Law” of 1996, by the Union Government of Myanmar.
To contribute towards the emergence of a modern developed State through ICT
- Computer Science Development Law of 1996
- Council: Myanmar Computer Science Development Council (Est. 1996) Chaired by Union Minister for Communications and Information Technology
- MCF: Myanmar Computer Federation (Est. 1998)
MCF > MCPA | MCIA | MCEA
MCF is the official federation – umbrella organization of all official computer-related associations, working groups, technical committees in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar. MCF is comprised of over ten thousand IT student & professional members, six hundred corporate members and over a hundred thousand young basic education student members.
- Myanmar Computer Professionals Association (Est. 1998)
- 10,000 + IT Students & Professionals
- Myanmar Computer Industry Association (Est. 1998)
- 700 + Corporations
- Myanmar Computer Enthusiasts Association (Est. 1998)
- 100,000 + Basic Education Student members
Relations to State and NGO’s
- MCF works closely with the Myanmar Computer Science Development Council, which is chaired by the Union Minister for Communications and Information Technology.
- MCF, MCPA and MCIA Executive Committee members routinely serve on advisory committees, technical committees and working groups for various national bodies and government departments.
ICT Policies Recommendations
MCF has been participating in preparing ICT Master Plans for Myanmar, a total of 3 Master Plans since 2001.
Main Activities & Focus Areas
MYANMAR LANGUAGE ( UNICODE )
Myanmar Language Scripts standardization and development such as Myanmar Fonts and Keyboards including ethnic languages continuously. Giving technical support for nation wide migration.
Collaborate with world top software companies to get support Myanmar Language in their softwares and devices.
ASSISTANCE FOR EDUCATION SECTOR
Assistance has been provided to Teacher Training Colleges (computers, LCD projectors, technical trainings, seminars, basic computer & courseware development courses).
AWARDS FOR EDUCATION SECTOR
MCF has awarded educational institutions or students for their excellence in utilization of ICT.
TECHNICAL SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS
Technical seminars & workshops, BarCamps and corporate trainings for executives have been organized by MCF and its associations.
SENDING DELEGATIONS OVERSEAS
Corporate business delegations and professional delegations have been sent overseas, to participate in business matching, international cooperation, field studies, meetings and competitions.
Hundreds of training courses have been conducted, with foreign and local teachers, organized by MCF and/or international organizations.
Hands-on technical trainings are provided at the ICT Lab.
Annually, awards have been given out in recognition of ICT innovations and applications. The recipients include local ICT companies, IT professionals and students.
IT BUSINESS PLAN CONTESTS
IT Business Plan contests have been held and it has provided valuable training for business knowledge, planning and critical thinking skills.
MCF and Associations have sent professionals and executives for overseas training by scholarship assistance received from foreign governments and organizations.
LOCAL SCHOLARSHIPS AND ACADEMIC AWARDS
Locally, the Associations have awarded local scholarships for computer students. Students who have excelled in their studies have also been recognized and awarded for their academic excellence.
MCF and computer associations throughout Myanmar, organize up to 10-15 ICT exhibitions and trade fairs.
ICT Caravans have been sent throughout Myanmar (Mandalay, Magway, Bago, Ayeyarwady, Mon, Kayin and Shan).
RESOURCE & RESEARCH CENTERS
MCF and Associations provide libraries, resource centers and internet access centers for their members.
MYANMAR-KOREA IT CENTER
MCF and KAU provide Professional Trainings, Internship Program with the support of KOICA in the Center for one year project, started in Jan of this year.
Special ICT Economic Zones
SOFTWARE & ICT PARKS
- Yangon: The first software/ICT park in Myanmar, known as Myanmar ICT Park was established in 2001, in Yangon.
- Mandalay: The second software/ICT park was established in Mandalay, unfortunately, it was lost to fire, and is now being re-established and will be operational soon.
- Yatanarpon: Yatanarpon Cyber city (north of Mandalay) is a much larger zone, focused on soft-based industries, hardware manufacturing. It is managed by the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology.